The Town of Plymouth was incorporated in 1763 and is located between the White Mountains and the Lakes Region, New Hampshire.
This territory was part of a large plot of undivided land in the Pemigewasset Valley. Many of those named in the 1763 charter were soldiers from the Seven Year’s war who had come from Hollis. The town was named after the original Plymouth colony in Massachusetts. In 1792, the southwest portion of the town was separated, and with a portion of land from Groton, incorporated as Hebron. Plymouth State University was founded here in 1871 as a normal school, evolving as a teacher’s college, a state college, and now a state university.
Plymouth offers beautiful scenic views in all seasons as well as outdoor recreational opportunities, shopping and services.